Hello, fellow singers! I’m super excited to start offering weekly virtual Pilates for Singers classes this summer.
Class Details for July:
- Foundational work, beginners welcome. Or deepen your Pilates practice by revisiting the fundamentals.
- No special props needed
- We’ll use Pilates to develop strength, mobility, and body awareness
- Exercises designed to support the singing body (Want more specifics? Check out 5 Research-Backed Reasons Why Singers Should Do Pilates)
- Experiment with vocalizing in different postures and planes of movement
- Full-body workout, with a different theme each month. We’ll start from the bottom and get grounded with July’s theme: Magic Feet!
July 1, 8, 15, 29 (No class on July 22)
10AM PST, livestream class
Drop in: $20/class, livestream only
Or, buy a
Monthly Class Package:
Video of each livestream class available for 7 days, in case you need to miss a class. $55 for the month (an $80 value)
I have some sliding-scale spots available if cost is a barrier — e-mail me and we will figure it out!
How to Attend Class and View the Recording:
I’m using a new virtual studio platform hosted by a service called Marvelous. You’ll need to create a free account in order to register and attend class. Once you do that, it should make everything super easy — you will access the livestream Zoom class through my online studio. If you buy a Monthly Package, it’s also where you will be able to view the class recording.
Try a Free Class First!
Want to try out class with me?
I’m teaching a free Pilates for Singers Intro Class on Thursday, June 24 at 10AM PST.
July’s theme is MAGIC FEET
I love this quote from Martha Graham, and I would add that to SING is also a celebration of that miracle!
Starting from the bottom up seems like a fitting theme for our first month of class, yes?
Bringing focus to your feet is a powerful tool for building strength and postural awareness.
It’s not a theme I would normally associate with summer, but the Slowly-Emerging-From-Quarantine Summer of 2021 feels a little different than normal — like I’d like to keep some of the grounding my solitude has created whilst I tiptoe back into long, warm days outside the house. Can you relate?
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. So looking forward to seeing and moving with you!